Cal Poly Pomona Communications Specialist
Pomona, CA; March 2016 — Present
Tastemade Editorial Assistant
Santa Monica, CA; December 2015 — March 2016
- Wrote headlines and captions for daily programming for Facet, a food and travel inspiration app.
- Wrote entries for Facet style guide.
- Trained new contractors on editing procedures.
Tastemade Contract Content Moderator
Santa Monica, CA; September 2015 — December 2015
- Edited and categorized video clips based on quality and content for Facet.
Freelance Writer and Editor
Glendora, CA; June 2015 — Present
- Interviews, writes and edits profiles for Cal Poly Pomona’s Panorama magazine and PolyAlumni newsletter.
The Poly Post Copy Editor
Pomona, CA; June 2014 — June 2015
- Copyedited Cal Poly Pomona’s weekly 12-page student newspaper.
- Created The Poly Post’s first style guide.
Cal Poly Pomona Office of Public Affairs Student Assistant
Pomona, CA; March 2012 — June 2015
- Wrote news and feature articles for the university’s website PolyCentric and two magazines, Panorama and PolyTrends.
- Edited university’s master calendar.
- Compiled newsletter for university’s weekly news coverage.
- Managed, monitored and created content for Cal Poly Pomona’s social media accounts.
Bachelor of Arts in English, Minor in Journalism
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
June 2015; Pomona, CA
- Kellogg Honors College.
- President, Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society.
- Society of Professional Journalists Chapter Founding Member.
- Content management systems, including Event Management Systems and WordPress.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop and InDesign.