March was a marathon month, and I suspect the next 30 days are going to feel like a sprint. I kickstarted April with a day trip in and around the desert: a wildflower walk, a mirrored house art installation and the best milkshakes. April, here I come — no bad days.
Here’s what I’ve read lately:
1. The world of Japanese luxury fruit.
2. A personal essay on envisioning California.
3. Donald Trump’s vision of New York, stuck in the 1980s.
4. A Navajo chef on the complexities of Native American cuisine.
5. Why Joan Didion writes “so much” about clothes.
And a bonus: I am really, really feeling this mood board for summer 2017.
Have a great week.