Here’s what I’ve read lately:
1. Margaret Atwood on The Handmaid’s Tale. (Thank you to Abi for the recommendation.)
2. This story about a food-service director in the unhealthiest city in America and how she revolutionized her students’ school lunches made me tear up — no child deserves to go without lunch, and the current political climate is edging that notion towards reality.
3. This interview with Jack White is surprisingly soft (in that he seems like an old soul) and very good.
4. Thousands of people watch this man’s webcam feed of his lawn.
5. Hospitals waste so many supplies and it is b a n a n a s.
And a bonus: I finally finished the first season of The Young Pope and really enjoyed it. If you’re cool with a chain-smoking pope / shady cardinals and find absurd Italian art cinema to be right up your alley, I’d recommend it.
Have a great week.