Here’s what I read this week:
1. Inside the gentrification of Los Angeles’ Grand Central Market. I had no idea of the beginnings of GCM and its history, and this is an eye-opening and well-written piece.
2. A life as a Whole Foods cashier. This hit me with the post-grad feels.
3. Ikea and its ephemeral home goods.
4. The definitive story of why Apple killed the headphone jack in the iPhone 7.
5. George Price and his altruism equation.
And a bonus: On Wednesday I went to a great speakers panel hosted by Bird. You should subscribe to the Bird newsletter if you want to read about really awesome ladies.
Have a great weekend.