Remember last week when I said I’d be back to regularly scheduled programming? I unintentionally lied. Now that finals are over (and most of my academic commitments will be relieved by Sunday), things will be relatively back to normal on Monday. I mostly promise.
Here’s what I read this week:
1. The front page of New York’s first daily newspaper. Someone needs to reinvigorate the name American Minerva because that is a cool name waiting to be reinvigorated.
2. How Elettra Wiedemann and James Marshall met. I only knew who Elettra was when I read this, but the story is incredible and straight out of a movie.
3. Emily Dickinson was more scandalous than I realized. Also, I’m obsessed with her haircut.
4. Cloudy days help us think more clearly. My ideal working conditions include an overcast day, so I’m glad that I’m not crazy.
5. 24 things Matt Zoller Seitz learned about Wes Anderson while Seitz was writing a book about the director. This article is old, but I fell down a Wes Anderson rabbit hole.
Have a great weekend!