Although I’ve had a difficult time transitioning to a post-grad life over the last few months, I’ve had some really sweet moments this week that make me excited about my fledgling career and how many opportunities there are to grow. I’ve also had some frustrating moments this week where I’ve wondered what I’ve gotten myself into and what step I should take next. According to the great philosopher and artist Kanye West, the point of life is getting shit done and being happy. I’m working on it.
Here’s what I read this week:
1. This is an incredible Gloria Steinem profile. She is an incredible lady.
2. I wish I had written this article about Facebook instant articles.
3. This graphic designer explained his work to 4-year-olds, and I love how he did it.
4. I love reminiscing about playing the Sims and thinking about how much that game has influenced my design interests in so many ways, so I thought this article about its romantic relationships was fascinating.
5. I had no idea that Billie Holiday and Frank Sinatra were such good friends and influenced each other so much.
And a bonus: these photos of Hillary Clinton’s face during the latest round of Benghazi questions speak to my soul.