Here’s what I read this week:
1. This is a fascinating story about the history of the Kate Spade brand and its mythos.
2. Trader Joe‘s rejection of social media.
3. Email newsletters are the new zines.
4. Let’s talk about the Amazon Dash buttons, and what they mean for us as consumers.
5. Bob Dylan’s secret archive sounds wonderful. Time to take a road trip to Oklahoma.
A bonus article: Kanye West’s life, told in his own lyrics.
And the standard bonus: The Grateful Dead’s “Scarlet Begonias,” which is a song I’ve always liked and have recently rediscovered one of its lyrics: “Once in awhile you get shown the light / in the strangest of places if you look at it right.”
Have a great weekend.