This was a really, really, really tough week on many levels. I hope that you’re taking care of yourself and working towards finding your own sense of balance. Do not feel guilty about taking breaks to do the things you enjoy. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.”
Here’s what I read this week:
1. The extraordinary stories of the White House mailroom staff, Obama’s 10 letters a day and the people who wrote them.
2. This is what it’s like to come to the United States as a refugee.
— Before you get to the rest of the links, it’s imperative you read the first two. They are required reading. —
3. What Roxane Gay is reading.
4. The story of David Bowie’s secret final project.
5. “Self-care” is not the same as “treating yourself.”
And a bonus: How to begin again.
Have a great week. I believe in you.
Leave a Reply