Here’s what I read this week:
1. Author Jhumpa Lahiri shares her beautiful story of learning Italian.
2. Star Wars: The Merch Awakens. (I love this headline a lot.)
3. I love this idea for a bookstore: curated collections and a more personal experience.
4. A bunch of words will disappear from the verbal section of the 2016 SAT. Here is their obituary.
5. I’m putting the Margaret Herrick Library, which houses an incredible film history archive for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, on my list of places to go in Los Angeles.
And a bonus: I recently discovered Broken Bells’ “The Mall and Misery” and I cannot stop listening.
Have a wonderful weekend.
I’m so overwhelmed that so many people liked yesterday’s post. Thank you.
On to what I read this week:
1. I haven’t finished it because it might be a billion words, but Paul Ford’s explanation of coding is incredible.
2. We all knew this already, but closing bookstores is a very bad idea.
3. Secret wedding boards on Pinterest are a big thing. (Full disclosure: I do not have one.)
4. This isn’t really a story, but I have to go to this yoga studio that plays Drake during class.
5. Some really astute points on typography in UI design.
And a bonus: Please watch the Wes Anderson version of “The Shining.”
Have a fantastic weekend!