What I’ve read lately:
1. The film J.D. Salinger nearly made of “For Esme, With Love and Squalor.”
2. New York’s dying diner culture.
3. Confessions of an Instagram influencer.
4. FiveThirtyEight asked 8,500 people why they leave comments on the Internet.
5. Donald Crowhurst’s heartbreaking 1969 circumnavigation hoax.
And a bonus: Wes Anderson‘s Christmas ad for H&M.
Have a terrific week.
I’m so overwhelmed that so many people liked yesterday’s post. Thank you.
On to what I read this week:
1. I haven’t finished it because it might be a billion words, but Paul Ford’s explanation of coding is incredible.
2. We all knew this already, but closing bookstores is a very bad idea.
3. Secret wedding boards on Pinterest are a big thing. (Full disclosure: I do not have one.)
4. This isn’t really a story, but I have to go to this yoga studio that plays Drake during class.
5. Some really astute points on typography in UI design.
And a bonus: Please watch the Wes Anderson version of “The Shining.”
Have a fantastic weekend!