Here’s what I read this week:
1. This scientific study accidentally included a working citation of “(Should we cite the crappy Gabor paper here?)” I felt so many waves of secondhand embarrassment.
2. What makes a child an art prodigy?
3. If you haven’t seen Too Many Cooks yet, watch it and read this.
4. I agree with just about everything in this commentary on reading new books. “‘To read the Iliad, claims Roberto Calasso in The Marriage of Cadmus and Harmony, is to appreciate that there is no progress in art. It’s hard not to agree. But that does not mean that everything has been done'” is my favorite quote.
5. The idea of someone reading my texts as I’m typing them is actually incredibly terrifying.
And a bonus: “You Wish” by Nightmares on Wax.
Have a great weekend!
Tell me about what you read this week by leaving a comment.