A brief bit of unsolicited advice before I get to the link party: I just want to tell all of you that there is absolutely nothing that limits you from teaching yourself whatever you’re interested in and seeking out additional educational avenues. I wasn’t getting the writing experience I wanted from my academic classes or my job, so I took the initiative to start this blog and explore the things I wanted to talk about. The secret to getting started? Overcome the urge to be lazy. *drops the microphone and gets out of this bitch*
Here’s what I read this week:
1. The delineation of your IRL personality and your Internet personality, which is something I think about at least once a day.
2. A very interesting discussion about making references to other things, which is something I think about at least once a week.
3. This person wrote to The Awl’s advice column asking about how to move on from not getting a job at Buzzfeed, and all I can say is yikes.
4. Simple tips for success, presented graphically.
5. Not much to read on this one, but this scene from House of Cards is hands down one of the best in television history. Claire Underwood for president of the universe.
And a bonus: My new favorite Instagram account, @ihavethisthingwithfloors.
Have a fantastic weekend!