If you’re into DIYing, I just started a cool new gig as an eHow contributor! You can read my articles here.
Here’s what I read this week:
1. The origin and ramifications of Bernie Sanders’ Dank Meme Stash.
2. Unpacking the Southern Black identity in Beyoncé’s “I got hot sauce in my bag / swag.” (This is very, very good. Read this.)
3. This is a masterpiece on the political power of single women, and I’m excited to see Rebecca Traister at a Call Your Girlfriend event in a few weeks. (My favorite part: “Today’s women are, for the most part, not abstaining from or delaying marriage to prove a point about equality. They are doing it because they have internalized assumptions that just a half-century ago would have seemed radical: that it’s okay for them not to be married; that they are whole people able to live full professional, economic, social, sexual, and parental lives on their own if they don’t happen to meet a person to whom they want to legally bind themselves.”)
4. What literary discourse offers in an age of extremism.
5. On my way home one night this week, I listened to an incredible episode of This American Life about the power of the mind. One story brings up an important conversation about mental health, hospitals and guns (in collaboration with the New York Times) and the other was about another man’s denial of his Parkinson’s disease. I highly recommend it.
And a bonus: I’m so, so excited for “Loving Vincent” to come out. It’s going to be gorgeous.
Have a great weekend.
One thought on “Link Party: 2/22-2/26”