It’s not that big of a secret that Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows of all time. I’m essentially Elaine Benes, but this quarter especially, there have been a couple of times where I’ve wondered if I’m in the middle of an episode.
1. There’s this running joke on The Poly Post editorial staff about the word “lifestyle.” We say it in basically the same ways that Jerry says “hellooooooo,” and it’s one of my favorite things.
2. Someone I went to high school with and never acknowledges me on campus is in one of my classes. For the midterm on Monday, he asked me if I had an extra Scantron. I almost pulled a “I haven’t got a square to spare,” but decided to be nice.
3. In “The Good Samaritan,” Jerry gets upset when he lets other cars into his lane and doesn’t give him a thank-you wave. I feel the same way when I hold the door to the administration building open for people and they don’t acknowledge me.
4. At least twice a week, I forget where I parked and it takes me a solid 15 minutes to find my car.
5. I caught myself dancing like this (at home, but still, it happened.)
6. Someone I know revealed last week that he has a gigantic wallet, just like George.
7. And I have a similar conversation with my best friend nearly every day.
Have you had any Seinfeldian moments this week? Let’s talk about it in the comments.
Leave a Reply