4. Margaret Hamilton, the programmer that saved the Apollo moon landing, is a badass.
5. Okay, real talk: Although I was (aw) an English major, I practiced AP style and did not use the Oxford comma unless the context really needed one. However, I have strong feelings about the need to capitalize the word “Internet.” It should definitely be capitalized.
It’s not that big of a secret that Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows of all time. I’m essentially Elaine Benes, but this quarter especially, there have been a couple of times where I’ve wondered if I’m in the middle of an episode.
1. There’s this running joke on The Poly Post editorial staff about the word “lifestyle.” We say it in basically the same ways that Jerry says “hellooooooo,” and it’s one of my favorite things.
2. Someone I went to high school with and never acknowledges me on campus is in one of my classes. For the midterm on Monday, he asked me if I had an extra Scantron. I almost pulled a “I haven’t got a square to spare,” but decided to be nice.
3. In “The Good Samaritan,” Jerry gets upset when he lets other cars into his lane and doesn’t give him a thank-you wave. I feel the same way when I hold the door to the administration building open for people and they don’t acknowledge me.