Here’s what I read this week:
1. I’m glad I’m not the only person who thinks email is the worst.
2. This is a fascinating story about a totem pole John Barrymore stole from the Tlingit.
3. I didn’t expect the ending for this story titled “The Wetsuitman” and you won’t either but it a) is incredible storytelling and b) sheds much-deserved light on a problem that needs more attention.
4. How do you know you’re a woman?
5. A really great interview with Jessica Hopper, a highly respected rock critic.
And a bonus: This week I crossed Nora Ephron’s I Remember Nothing off my reading list, and am working on Flannery O’Connor’s collection of short stories and J.D. Salinger’s Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: An Introduction. If you have any recommendations, please send them over.
Have a fantastic weekend!